ISYBOT AND GEBE2 PRODUCTIQUE HAVE ANNOUNCED AN EXCLUSIVE COLLABORATION AGREEMENT ON THE DISTRIBUTION AND INTEGRATION OF SANDING COBOTS
After validating the concept of collaborative sanding robots (cobots) with leading customers such as AIRBUS, NAVAL GROUP and SNCF, ISYBOT has successfully installed its very first production machines.
And now ISYBOT is shoring up its offer by signing an exclusive collaboration agreement with GEBE2 for sanding cobots aimed at the French market. The subsidiary of the EUROPE TECHNOLOGIES Group specializes in the design of robotic sanding installations and covers all industrial sectors, from aeronautics to automotive, including their suppliers.
This partnership offers key expertise in two areas: interactive collaborative robotics, based on French research through ISYBOT, and automated sanding processes, a field in which GEBE2 has over 10 years of experience, including services during equipment operation.
The collaboration will help the companies:
- Increase productivity while reducing the physical strain associated with workstations
- Guarantee production flows by avoiding staff turnover
- Modernize established sanding processes by benefiting from the power of cobots
- Upgrade technical roles while retaining the operators’ expertise and attracting young applicants
- Access Innovation 4.0 for manual sanding operations.
Founded in 1991, GEBE2 is dedicated to the design and manufacture of specialist machinery. In 2007, following market trends, GEBE2 decided to use its experience in robotics to deploy a win-back strategy, targeting the Agrifood, Composites and General Industry sectors. In 2014, GEBE2 became a subsidiary of the Europe Technologies Group, enabling it to develop at a faster pace and, in 2017, moved into a brand new building to satisfy its strong growth dynamic.
With a wealth of expertise, GEBE2 is now shifting its business focus to the supply of robotic cells dedicated to the removal of material from metal and composite parts, including:
- Micro-sanding for acoustic panels
GEBE2 also has robotic cells and test engineers to assess the feasibility of its customers’ projects.
With its core focus on the industry of the future, ISYBOT has been designing collaborative robots based on French research since 2016. Thanks to its unique expertise in mechanical engineering, ISYBOT makes non-automatable manual operations more competitive and more attractive. Without modifying the working environment, ISYBOT’s interactive cobots increase productivity while reducing the strain on operators.
ISYBOT’s agile automation solutions streamline existing processes by:
- Being adaptable to existing workstations
- Being quick to integrate and master
- Allowing tasks to be carried out simultaneously, saving cycle time
- Enabling cobots to move between workstations
- Connecting to the company’s ERP / MES system
Without any specific training, operators can become Cobot Supervisors while retaining their professional roles. They can integrate and optimize the use of a cobot and upgrade their expertise at the same time. By working together, ISYBOT and GEBE2 are able to satisfy needs in terms of both flexibility and production process improvements.